January Faves

The month of new beginnings has ended. The month of post holiday sadness. The month that is basically just snow.

However, it was a great month for trying out some of my favorite Christmas gifts. January turned out to be such a fun month, filled with great products and many, many memories.


1. Forever 21 Circle Knitted Scarf- This has quickly become one of my favorite things to grab when battling the cold. It goes with every outfit, coat and glove/hat/scarf combo. At only 7 dollars, this scarf was a steal. I love it and have used it countless times this month. 


2. Soap & Glory's The Righteous Body Butter: I cannot say enough good things about this company and especially this product. Thank you Sephora for sending me that free sample. I used this every day the moment I get out of the shower. Not only does it smell heavenly, it keeps you skin feeling literally like butter. I would recommend this to everyone. And, don't we need all the help we can get during the winter??




3. Soap & Glory's A Great Kisser Lip Balm: Well you know what they say, if you love the butter, you'll die for the balm..okay maybe no one says that. But, in this case they should. I picked this up one day when I was casually walking through a Sephora. 10 dollars for a jar of magic. The taste of peaches and heals your lips in seconds. Everyone with cracked lips put your hands in the air. Buy this and I promise you will wave them like you just don't care.


4. Clinique's Brush-On Cream Liner in 02: True Black: I have never tried this type of liner and my wonderful mother gave me the opportunity with this great Christmas gift. It goes on so smooth and looks amazing. It lasts FORRREVER. One of my faves when it comes to eyeliners. 



5. Pure ICE: Absolutely Mauvelous: Just a great color for winter months as opposed to my usual blacks and darker shades. It lasts a really long time and I just generally love the word/color mauve. 


6. Macy's Black and Gold Statement Necklace: Say what you will, but gift cards are one of the best gifts. Upon the advice of my dear best friend Taylor, one day while shopping, she convinced my I could not live without it. Gift card in hand, I made one of my favorite purchases at Macy's. Though it may be a bit heavy, this necklace glimmers and shines so bright, day or night. 



7. Glasses Pad and Target Pens: Okay, I'm a stationary and office supply freak. I love going back to school and getting all new things to write on and write with. So these were too cute to pass up. The adorable notepad (that matches my glasses may I add) is from Wal Mart, only about 88 cents. The pens were a suggestion from my roommate and best friend Lexie. You know you've found a good friend when they alert you to these freaken cute pens in the 1 to 3 dollar section of Target. 


8. Amy Poehler-Yes Please: Challenge: to read 12 books in 12 months. January: Completed. This book is so funny and so perfect. It made me binge watch Parks and Rec. It is great and every man and woman should read it. 

9. Marc by Marc Jacob's 'Baker' Leather Strap Watch 37mm: My favorite Christmas gift by far. I had mentioned to my boyfriend I wanted a new, nice watch. One I could wear to interviews. My hope was Marc, but I figured it was just something I would have to save for. I was so surprised when I opened it. It is the perfect watch for everything and I love it! 


10. Nakamichi Red Headset: Just a random gift, but I really wanted headphones that would cancel sound and let me focus on whatever I'm doing. These are inexpensive and pretty good. Plus, I like looking like a DJ....


Here's to a great month! 

xoxo

-alexandra 


 

 




Comments

Popular Posts