A Formal Affair

We are in the middle of a very fun and fancy season. That's right everyone, formal season. I had a great time attending two this year with my best friends and boyfriend. Keeping it classic for the first in a black dress and spicing it up with a metallic number for the second. I have complied a few tips for finding your perfect dress to ensure a wonderful night out!


Finding the Dress: 
  • Stick with what works for your shape: this year I tried different styles, I knew would not work for me, but was really interested in them. I was getting so frustrating finding things on the rack that just were not working in the fitting room. I had to go back to basics. Though those trendy looks are amazing on the models online, stick with what you know looks fab. You will be so happy for it. 
  • Budget: I know we all want the unattainable and find the perfect dress that is way out of budget. But, it is not your wedding day. Borrow a dress, look on sale racks and try to find quality for the price
  • Don't rule out department stores: You can really find good deals! And it's more than likely your mom has a coupon (shout out to Anita) 
  • Look for something you can wear more than once: I try to think of other places I can always where dresses. Try to pick one you would wear to a wedding or second fancy function! 

Look 1: 
  • Dress: Asos
  • Shoes: Macys 
  • Watch: Forever 21 
Look 2: 
  • Dress: Dilliards 
  • Shoes: Target 
  • Bangles: Burbon and Bowties 
  • Crossbody: Forever 21





xoxo 

-alexandra 

Comments

Popular Posts