End of Summer Favorites

Sadly, sadly summer will be coming to a close before we know it. I have been running around like crazy. Every free second I have had these past few months has been consumed with trying to make the most of it!! So sorry, I have not had time to sit down and do my July favorites. 

So, I am doing a July/Mid August/ Summer Favorites Post!  




  • Starting with the insanely bold statement necklace; this was one of my favorite 'spend/splurge' items!  I saw this necklace on Bauble Bar and thought it was unique and perfect for a summer outfit. But, I just could not justify the price, not knowing how much I would wear it. I did however, find a less expensive version at rue21. It really stands out on a plain black or white shirt and makes any outfit look different. I really enjoyed this purchase and have been trying to create new looks with it all the time!
  • The summer and curly hair really do not mix. But, I can get just the right amount of wave with the Big Sexy Hair Aragon Oil Spray. It acts just like Beach Waves spray but does not give your hair that crunchy feeling. It's VERY healthy for your hair too! With my new short hair (more to come on that later- look out for another post!!) it's great for an easy summer look. No frizz nation. 
  • This dress was an impulse purchase. I ran to Marshall's with my friend Patty and she convinced me it was a good buy. And she was so right, as usual. I wore it about 4 times this month. Thank you TJ Maxx/Marshall's Gods for this perfectly patterned sun dress! 
  • I have to admit, in the summer, blue nails seems to be my thing. I spotted this color on a girl at work and the hunt was on. Target had this bright blue that lasted FOREVER. So cute for summer.  
  • I went to visit one of my best friends, Lexie, this month and all day her house smelled amazing. It was a very clean smell-it reminded me of a spa. I fell in love with the eucalyptus mint candle from Bath and Body. Her being the sweet girl that she is, bought one for me! Definitely an all year fave! 
  • Target coming in clutch again with those end of season shoe sales. These bright and comfortable sandals were only $9.00. A steal in my eyes. 
  • I have been obsessed with Shop Ban.do for a year now. I could have kicked myself for not ordering an agenda for my last year of college. But, I wasn't going to miss another chance this year! I LOVE this agenda! Plenty of room to write each day, motivational little phrases and stickers. I mean come on, what more could you want? Please check them out! 
  • Lastly, this was a long time coming! I needed new frames and lenses. But, I looked for months. I tried Warby Parker, but really did not like my selections. After looking in stores, I realized it was because I loved the frame patterns and not the frame styles. I tired the at home free try on again, this time with styles that worked with my face. I like all 5! It was so hard to pick, but ended up with these! So easy, for $95.00, free shipping and within a week! I will go back to them for frames again, especially because they give a pair for someone in need as well! Another company to really check out! 
I hope you all are having a wonderful end to summer! Stay cool! 

xoxo
-alexandra 

Comments

Popular Posts