Taking Shorts Cuts

Every since I can remember, I wanted one thing. Long, straight hair. The hair that you can wake up and look flawless. American girl doll hair, as I like it call it.

I, on the other hand, have curly, thin hair that, really never wanted to grow. No matter how hard I tried. For about 22 years now, I used straighteners, moose, sprays...just about everything that straightens or grows your hair. 

I also had another weapon at my disposal. My mom and my hairdresser. Before we go any further, let me just say, I do in fact have the best mom out there. She always does whatever she can to make me happy. Though I appreciated all she tried to do for me and my quest for the straightest hair, I still woke up with rings of brunet. 

As I got older, I did find a few tricks. Every day of high school I woke up a half an hour extra (and to a high school that was a lot), just to flat iron my shoulder length hair, with my very slim flat iron. I thought straightening it ever day, I may just wake up and it would be straight on it's own. But, the moment the water hit it, reality and curls set back in.

As I moved from high school to college, and now the beginning of a new chapter, adulthood (well adulthoodish), I realized it is better to embrace your insecurities and let your true identity show. I had been thinking about cutting my hair for months, but was too scared to try. Having this overwhelming feeling that my hair was me. But, the moment I let go and felt those dead ends come off, I felt amazing.

It was like cutting away at the little things that don't matter, as you start to grow up, leaving more room to focus on what is important. Life is too short for grudges, insecurity and the same haircuts!

I may have a lot of growing up to still do, but I feel a little more prepared now, being more comfortable in my own skin.

SO happy cutting, coloring and trimming everyone!

Wishing all of you the best hair days possible!





Before and After! Happy to welcome in a world of changes! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts