Weekend Whereabouts Vol. 1 | Financial District & Soho

So! As I let you all know in my last post, I recently moved to New York City! My boyfriend, Shane, our new roommie, Taylor and I just want to see everything. There is so much going on every single day in this big city, that we had to make a game plan to tackle it all! Thus, starting a new series of posts! Weekend Whereabouts will be your look into our adventures and help us catalog what we did!


We all thought the best way to start this would be going as far down the island as possible and working our way up! It is amazing to see how different and unique each neighborhood and even block is from the next. This weekend, we tackled the Financial District and a bit of Soho.



Taking the subway down to South Ferry, we found our day starting in Battery Park, to take a look at Lady Liberty. Since, it's unfortunately still so cold, a ferry ride to get a better look will be apart of future plans.



The area was very different from what most people think of when they think of New York. Now, I can imagine it is extremely busy during the business week, but Saturdays are quiet and the pace a little slower.


Moving towards Wall Street we saw a variety of beautiful architecture as well as the well know "Charging Bull" statue. Though, not as exciting as walking down Fifth Avenue, it really is a great part of the city to experience.



Hungry and ready to check out a new neighborhood, the three roommates headed to Soho! A dream of an area, I can only hope one day I find myself with a little apartment above an adorable shop! We decided on Kenn's Broom Street Bar. A cute spot for a beer or a sandwich during lunch and dinner! There was a mix of young and old patrons and the place was packed for a Saturday afternoon. I decided on the turkey BLT on rye. So delicious!! And their house dressing for the side salad was light and a perfect combination with the sandwich.

Wanting of course, more to eat, we had to get something sweet. Yes that rhymed, yes I'm happy about it. I took to my favorite Instagram account, New Fork City, to find a bakery in the area, with a dreamy dessert for our Saturday. Dominque Ansel Bakery has been a frequent double tap for me, as a I scroll through food accounts, daily. I had a very hard time deciding between the chocolate chip cookie shot glass, filled with milk or the frozen s'more. Upon much deliberation with Shane and Taylor we all made two important decisions. We all would go for s'mores and we would come back again!

The s'more was fantastic. It was so a mix of frozen vanilla and chocolate inside a thick marshmallow. You then can watch as they place it on a stick and torch the creation. We all loved every bite. I cannot wait to go back.

Ending the afternoon roaming around the blocks, we all couldn't wait to come back!

Our first outing was without a doubt a fun and successful day! Until volume 2!

xoxo

-alexandra




For more about my adventures follow me!
Twitter
InstagramBloglovin'Pinterest 








Comments

  1. Welcome to New York! I just recently moved here myself in August. I'm in Hell's Kitchen but I love love SoHo too. There's so much to see but my personal favourite spots in the city are Strand books, Bergdorf of course, Down the Hatch, and the MET. Be sure to reach out, I'm not too far!
    xx Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Belle!! I will be adding all of your faves to my list! Would love to chat sometime!

      Thanks again!

      xo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts