My Travel Essentials & Packing Tips | alexandra louise lifestyle


Okay, I'll admit it. I love to pack. For ANYTHING. A week long vacation, a weekend getaway or just overnight, I get so much excitement from planning and getting everything ready. If you're with me on this, give me a shoutout. I love it so much, I start WAY in advance. Like a week in advance...

But, if you're the ones that fall into the 'I hate everything to do with packing' group and wait till the night before, never fear I have some suggestions and tips for you.




  • Start with the Sunshine: 
Since you're traveling to a new location, you will need to learn about your surroundings. Check the weather and see what you're in for. You never want to pack a parka when you really need rain boots.
  • Now Write It Out: 
Making a list is the easiest way to make sure you won't forget a thing. Write out how many days you will be there, what you will be doing and how many outfits you will need.
  • Make Outfits: 
I know it's easy to pack literally you're whole closet, but be smart. Layout outfits and stick to them! Also, try to include versatile items like a plain t-shirt, denim and other basics that can be used more than once.
  • Extras: 
I'm just going to say it, pack extra socks and underwear. I have a fear that these trips will be when I need them most. So, just pack a few extra, believe me you'll want them.
  • Distraction: 
Traveling can be the worst part of travel. I love to distract myself. So pick up a magazine, read a new book and do not forget your earphones. Find a podcast and the time will fly.
  • Event Essentials: 
If you know you will be doing certain activities like tours or have tickets to a baseball game, make sure you pack whatever you need for it. I love to have sneakers and a hat with me where I go. You never know when you'll need to do some walking.
  • Dress Smart: 
The actual travel can bring about a whole crop of new issues. I make sure to have something such as a scarf, light sweater or jacket that can either keep me warm, be a pillow or a blanket if needed. Don't forget those sunglasses, not only for your trip, but if you encounter sun in the car. Also, bring hand sanitizer and tissues. They will be there when no one else is, during the trip.
  • The Perfect Bag: 
Nothing says weekend getaway like the perfect bag/luggage. I finally got my leather weekender and it's just dying for a trip! Find one you love and suits your needs. Trips will always come up so it is a great investment to make.

I hope everyone can find some time to get away and plan a fun trip or two! The warmer months are upon us and it's the best time to take a little break!

xoxo
-alexandra 


For more about my adventures follow me!

Twitter


Instagram


Bloglovin'


Pinterest 


Comments

Popular Posts