My Moscow Mules | Wearing Heels Drives Women To Drink

Summer is coming (despite what the weather is doing). And with that comes the great seasons of sandals, sling backs and my personal fave-- mules. Did I find a dream pair in Target last summer? Where they on sale? Did I wear them out of the store? Yes on all accounts. What I came to find as I strutted into work the next day with them was less satisfying. PAIN and multiple blisters. So, when I went to pull them out for this season, I started to have flashbacks and began to wonder, how did Carrie do this?? How did she tackle New York and all its men in higher shoes? AND why do I continue to want to wear them over my very comfortable trainers? It was time for reflection. 

Okay, let's be honest ladies, we don't love wearing heels. I mean don't get me wrong, I have found a pair or two that give me just the right amount of height and make my short legs look just a bit longer. 

I love shoes, and heels are included. Shopping for them is great fun. It doesn't matter if you are having a "fat day," your shoe size is the same. Finding a pair on sale is as close to scoring a touchdown as I'll ever get. But, wearing a pair from sun up to sun down, now that is a different story. 

Now working in a place that is full of leggy babes click clacking their way through the floors, I thought it was time to put the shoe on the other foot...feet. What I'm trying to say is, I wanted to show off my heels at work. 

After all, my job leaves me pretty stationary though the day and I am literally feet from the bathroom. I go to the occasional meeting, but let's just say during the week I do not check my steps on that health app Apple made us have on our phones to show us how lazy we really are. So, this was the perfect opp. 

Ah, but wait, the walk to the subway. And yes, what if I have to stroll through Whole Foods after work because there is nothing but butter in my fridge? You never know when you will meet your work best friend and HAVE to go to drinks (yes, openings for work best friends are currently still open. Call now and I may throw in an extra year of friendship for three easy payments of $19.95). You see, you just never know when your next blister is waiting for you. 

Sure, I could pull the Working Girl and put my shoes in by tote until I get to my desk. But, have you ever thought "these shoes touch the NYC ground (a human pee paradise) and are now next to my morning banana?" Not what you want to ponder about on the A Express. 

I guess what I'm getting at is I'm not sure if the adorableness of these shoes outweighs what we as women endure. Hobbling home from the bar, leaving work, praying a kind stranger offers to split a cab or contemplating stealing one of those horses outside of Central Park. I mean we should set up an appointment with a podiatrist now.

But, at the same time, they do go with that dress I wanted to wear tomorrow. I guess butter for dinner it is and future work friend just give me a heads up before we decide to do drinks (again this position is still open for a limited time only)... 


Grab the mules and make it a double. 

xoxo
-alexandra 


For more about my adventures follow me!

Twitter


Instagram


Bloglovin'


Pinterest 



Comments

Popular Posts