Shorts Are OUR Friends or Aren't They? | alexandralouise style

Well it's here. Summer is in full swing. NOT complaining, but ummmm...where was spring?

We go from booties to sandals, coats to dresses and hats to sunglasses without so much as a moment to catch our breath. Or give life to our favorite springy coats.

In all cases, summer is here and here to stay. And right behind that is another 'S' word related to it, sweat. I will be the first to admit it that sweat (and not just found delightfully dancing on my forehead) is one of my major beefs with this season. The second, and yes is another 'S' word. Shorts.

I've done the "let's try to buy shorts" cha cha one too many times for my liking. It's the same story every time the heat rolls into town. I go to the store, grab ones that look like they can be the real winner and boom back to summer time sadness in the dressing room. But, this isn't a battle with my legs or cellulite peeps. It's the fact that they just look ODD. I'm sure there are many of you with the same issue. They either make me thinking I just invested in the latest pair of junderwear (aka jean underwear) OR am a 45 year old member mother of three, constantly looking as though she is going on a cruse to Bermuda with her bff Pam.

Too short, too long, to tight, too cowgirl. Shorts, just aren't right. Or at least on someone who looks like me. But, never fret, I have found reasonable solutions to the get you through this summer, cooler than a cucumber. See below:

1. Go With the Flow:
I love a good pair of shorts that are so billowy, they could be confused for a shirt. So make this your secret weapon.

2. But, Skorts Aren'r Just for the Playground:
Don't fight it, skorts are not behind you. They, like denim on denim, should be welcomed with open arms. And again can be confused for a shirt (see tip 1).

3. Obvi, black:
IF you MUST wear structured shorts, make them your neutral and always flattering BFF, black.

4. Dresses will ALWAYS Be an Option:
If all else fails, whip off those confining shorts and go get your favorite stripped dress. (I'm going to assume your favorite is stripped too.)

Here's to all my sweaty friends. Keep the search alive and a cool drink at hand.

xoxo
-alexandra

Comments

Popular Posts