organization

Organization is key. Time management is essential in college/ life. Time in general is an interesting concept. We are either trying to get it, pass it, or keep track of it. But not matter what, even if we try hard enough to expand each day we encounter, we all only get 24 hours a day. So with these, in my opinion, short amount of hours, I try to accomplish a lot. Without my handy dandy planner and being organized, these past four years at school would have went very different.

These are the skills I know will be important when I do enter adult life...or that's what adults tell you.

A very important part of getting organized is finding a well dressed, properly decorated desk. My desk is a place I go to when I need to get shiiiiiz done. It's the place I write, and write, and write. A place I read. A place I dream. And a place I love to be.

I have always been fascinated with desks. I think the objects on them/in them, how they are organized and what they are used for say a lot about a person. Some fear them and dread ending up at one. For me, its a creative space I love to take advantage of daily.

I have always love my desk. I was always the kid drawing, coloring, writing. So a desk was like a dream I would write on a Christmas list under puppy and American girl doll. Im happy to report the weird kid who asked for furniture for Christmas did in fact get her wish, along with a few dolls. Still waiting on the dog mom and dad. My first very own desk was a light colored, heavy, roll top wooden desk. It was beautiful. I loved putting my books, pencils and anything else in the drawers.

Today it still sits in my house, but it had to be relocated on account of my clothing collection expanding and my need to color for hours dwindled.

Like most, when you move into a furnished place, you do not get to choose what your desk looks like. So believe me, this is not the one I would pick. When I have my own place I cannot wait to pick the desk, the chair, everything. But, for the past four years it has been a pretty standard college apartment desk. So basically a table.



Nevertheless, it is my desk and a place I find myself often.

There are some very key points of the desk that keep me on track and parts that keep me coming back.

The tassel garland is my favorite part. I do not have shelves or anything straight ahead, so I feel it's a nice addition to the white wall.

I always make sure there is a note pad visible to jot down ideas, "to do" lists and things rattled off to me on the phone. This pink one has glasses shaped like mine so, an obvious purchase.


I keep a post it above my work with goals or inspirational ideas. Right now it holds my goals for my classes this semester. Someone once told me if your write down your goals, you are more likely to achieve them. I should be writing GET A JOB on every post it I own...

I have pictures of the people I love so much and keep me motivated. This spin frame allows me to change it when I miss people. Right now it is my home best friends, school best friends and parents. Usually my boyfriend is represented too, but it looked better in another part of the room. I know you all were wondering...
I am happy to report all groups have met and love each other.

Books and makeshift book ends. I recently have found the need to purchase bookends. Something I have always wanted to get but never needed. TJ Maxx will be my best friend soon for that purchase. Books are a large part of my life. Right now I have a mix of "have to reads" and "want to reads." No, In Cold Blood is not a want to read. Yes, #GIRLBOSS is.


The beautiful apothecary jar and polka dotted box are fixtures I felt I just needed. They are fun and cool to stare at when I run out of ideas for papers. They keep the desk a fun place instead of just all business.

However you keep your desk. Take advantage of one. Even if it's a space to clip coupons. It can be your domain and you can make it anything you want. Happy organizing!

--xx

alexandra

Comments

Popular Posts