Daily Winter Makeup Routine | alexandra louise beauty

As a woman in a rather cold part of the world (especially at the moment) it's easy to want to throw your hair in a bun, put leggings on every day and give up until April...or May. 

But, as a 'working' woman, you have to not only put up with the rain, sleet, hail and snow, you have to put on a happy face while doing it. This is what this post is about. How I make my happy face. 

1. People of the World, light up your life: 
Grab some coffee, take a seat and take a look into my mirror. 


2. My least favorite word is moist: 
But, hey we have to keep that skin moist. I have been using this and it is doing the trick!


3. Age Rewind on the mind: 
Some primer to primp with. Ever since Estee mentioned this on her YouTube channel, it has been my go to. 


4. You need a good foundation: 
It's obviously too cold to just use powder foundation. This healthy skin (aka NARS comparable cheap alternative) is perfection. This tarte powder (another Estee fave) is just year round perfection. 


5. Brush it off: 
Grabbing my fave two real techniques brushes for both. 


6. Duo is twice as nice: 
This NARS duo is he winner for me right now. Quick and easy to grab for an early day. 



7. Brush it off part 2: 
Keeping it real with this real technique brush. 


8. What's Up with that? 
Thanks to my bestie for passing on this sample, this highlight is great for day or night. Buying the full size as soon as it's gone. 


9. Brow Game: Need I say more? 
Even if you don't want to put a lot on for the day, a good brow can make you look pulled together. 


10. Stay in the lines: 
I am a fan of both bottom and top liner. These together are a great combo and adds some flair to the eye, when you don't want to add eyeshadow. 


11. A quick lash before you dash: 
I'm not about length quickly. So when I don't have a lot of time to spend on lashes, this is great to sweep over them for a fluttering look. 


12. Lips Last: 
Adding just some slight color under and on top of my mounds of chapstick through the day, I tend to go for a neutral look. Easy to reapply without a mirror. 


After this I put on layers of scarfs and warmth and head out the door for the subway. 

Let me know your faves from your daily routine! 

xoxo
-alexandra 

For more about my adventures follow me!

Twitter

Instagram

Bloglovin'

Pinterest 



Comments

Popular Posts